Saturday, April 16, 2005

Hello From India!

Hello, I am writing from an internet cafe in an airport terminal in Mumbai, India. We have been traveling since Friday, and have just one more flight left until we reach our final destination in Indore. There are 15 of us in the group and we are all very tired. Sapna (our trip leader). Has scheduled a lunch at a friends house a few hours after we arrive in Indore. She says it is so we stay awake and avoid prolonging the effects of jet-lag. I am excited to see India in the daylight. I hope to find some musicians and play very soon. I am also hoping to find some music stores. I have no idea what to expect. So far, all I can tell you is that things are extremely inexpensive. Jody and I had a few samosas, tea and water, for just over a buck. The bathrooms in the airport are very smelly. But the ariport is nice. It is hot and humid. We have been waiting for our flight for about 3 hours now. I think there is just one our left before departure. We are all very tired. the flight from Detroit to Amsterdam was about 7 hours, then we got off the plane, went to the bathroom, and got on the next plane to Mumbai. That flight was about 8 hours. Boom, just like that we are on the other side of the world! I have heard there is ample internet access in Indore, so I will stop writing now and come back when I am a bit more lucid. Rock on, and I will talk to you soon!

John

No comments: