Monday, April 18, 2005

India, Wholy Cow!!

Hello, Right now I am sitting in a very rickety\shady cyber cafe after dark somewhere in Indore. Using the internet has not been as easy as we all thought. I cannot even begin to describe how different things are over here. There is a completely different flow to things. I am still understanding the way people move around. There is not a clearly defined way to drive, walk or ride, and being in a lone pack of Americans doesn't make it any easier. I am still in a desperate search for a music store. Tomorrow I believe we will be hooked up with a tabla player who will show us what's what. Scott and I are planning on spending a day in Dheli at an instrument factory, so hopefully our music fix will be met there. I am having a great time just walking around taking it all in. Cows wander the streets everywhere. People leave out offerings for them, and they go wherever they please. Tonight we visited a big clothing store, and they treated us like royalty. Each of us had 2 or 3 assitants, they were giving us coffee, tea, and catering to our every need, almost to the point of being uncomfortable. I feel very lucky to be experiencing this and I cannot wait to share more with you. Hopefully tomorrow I will figure out how to post some pictures. Till then....

John

No comments: